Version: May 2013
Personal information is information that one can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- date of birth
- credit/debit card information
- social security number or other national identifier
- account number
Data processing is any set of operations involving personal information, whether or not by automatic means, including collecting, using, disclosing, adapting, altering, correcting, retrieving, combining, blocking, erasing, transferring, destroying, recording, organizing, storing, and using personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
NeuroSigma may collect personal information:
- via forms on this Website allowing you to send us personal information about yourself (e.g. an account registration form, a survey, or an e-mail sign-up form);
- when you contact us for information, products, or services; and
- when we receive questions and suggestions about our products and services.
Processing of Personal Information
We may process your personal information (other than sensitive information, which is discussed separately below):
- to respond to your requests and inquiries;
- to develop records, including records of your personal information;
- to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about clinical trials and about products and services of ours and of others;
- for analytical purposes to research, develop and improve our programs, products, therapies, services and content;
- to remove your personal identifiers so that you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual (this de-identified information is no longer considered personal information);
- to personalize your access to the Website;
- to protect your vital interests or someone else's health, safety or welfare;
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order, or other legal obligation;
- for our other legitimate interests, unless such processing will unfairly prejudice your rights or freedoms; and
- in other ways to which you consent.
Use of Personal Information for Marketing
We may contact you periodically in person, by e-mail, by fax, by mail, or by telephone to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing or market research communications from us. If applicable law requires that we receive your explicit consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your explicit consent.
Sharing of Personal Information
In the ordinary course of business, we will share personal information with companies that we subcontract to perform services or functions on our behalf. For example, we may use third party service providers to ship our products or deliver marketing materials. We will not authorize our service providers to keep, disclose or use your personal information except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
Transferring Personal Information
NeuroSigma may transfer personal information out of the country in which it was collected to any country or territory in the European Economic Area and to other countries that are recognized by the European Union as having adequate privacy protections.
We will transfer personal information to counties other than the above countries only if (i) necessary for the performance of a contract between you and NeuroSigma or for pre-contractual measures taken in response to your request; (ii) if you consent to the transfer; or (iii) if the personal information will be adequately protected in the other country by contract or other protection.
NeuroSigma has contractual arrangements with all of its offices and affiliates (including in the United States) designed to ensure that personal information (including sensitive information) transferred among NeuroSigma locations is adequately protected.
Security of Personal Information
We use reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We also restrict access to your personal information to those employees and contractors who need to know that information. No Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Retention of Personal Information
We will not keep personal information for any longer than is required. Retention periods will be determined by us for each type of personal information that is collected. We will use reasonable efforts to destroy outdated or unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity. In many cases, personal information must be kept for considerable periods of time in order to make it available as questions or disputes arise.
Additional Privacy Principles
In addition to personal information, the Website automatically identifies visitors' computers by their IP addresses. We may use these IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Website, track visitors' movement across the Website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
This Website may use tracking technologies such as "cookies" to provide visitors with tailored information upon each return visit. Cookies are a common part of many websites that allow small text files to be sent by a website, accepted by your web browser, and then placed on your hard drive as recognition token. Every time you visit this Website, cookies may record basic technical information such as your browser type and version, IP address, proxy server, operating system, ISP provider, the pages you view and the associated links selected, domain name, and the address of the last URL visited prior to this Website. You do not need to enable cookies to visit the Website; however, some parts of this Website will be impossible to use if cookies are disabled. Cookies do not contain any personal information or passwords. You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits. We do not allow third parties to place cookies on this Website.
We do not collect personal information from children under 13 on this Website.
How to Contact NeuroSigma
10960 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024